Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Reading Habits

I don't read much. This might be a surprise to some people, given my love of calling myself a writer. But this is a topic we can discuss in another post.

Here's a pretty good illustration of my reading habits. You'll note I keep my books and my nail polish in the same place. In the case of a fire, I'd pretty much just grab my bookcase and run. Because I'm totally that strong.





First is my literary shelf. I have my literary magazines I haven't read on one side and my obligatory "I want to be a good writer so I'd better, like, study or something" books on the other. Also Story, which has a huge sentimental value to me but always manages to make me feel really stupid:


Here's my collection of Sarah Dessen books. I think I have them all. She's my favorite author. It's YA chicklit, but she's so damn good at writing realistic dialog. I very much envy that ability. Oh, and there's Coraline, apparently:


This is my bible:


This is my favorite book:


Mostly because of these pages:


This book just cracks me up. Why would you write a book about letting a pigeon drive a bus? Nobody knows. But it's a pretty kickass children's book.

Here is a book that I hate with a blindingly intense passion:


Allegedly they actually use this book in some schools to help bring light to the topic of rape, or some bullshit like that. If you have never been raped, maybe this will fit nicely into your pretty little sheltered view of the world. If you have, just trust me and don't ever open this book. Grrrrrrr...

And this is Kuzco:


He is the only non-book/non-nail polish object on my bookcase. So I guess that makes him special or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment