Friday, August 12, 2011

Do I Want To Be This Color?

This is a swatch of a Rescue Beauty Lounge nail polish from my favorite nail polish blog, Scrangie. I've never tried this particular brand of nail polish before, and at $18 they're over the limit of what I can justify spending on a bottle of nail polish. But the color is pretty.


I have a problem with nail polish names in general, which is another post altogether, but this one in particular bothers me. This color is called Bruised. Just thinking about that name makes me really sad. Why would I purposely want to be the color of a bruise? I've spent enough time in my life trying to cover up bruises that I just can't imagine wanting to be Bruised on purpose. You know? 

There are far more offensive nail polish names and far uglier colors, but this one just makes me sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment