Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blue Fingers and Green Toes

More fun with nail polish! Have I mentioned my crippling nail polish obsession? It all started when I decided I didn't want to bite my nails anymore. Now I just like all the colors. I have a thing for bright colors. I also really enjoy doing strange things with my nail polish, like wearing many different colors at the same time. Today's adventure is greens and blues. 


These are my toes. I have monkey toes. Also, in this picture I have green toes. Currently I have normal-colored toes because I'm about to paint them again. But that's irrelevant for this post.



Here's the lighter foot. From left to right it's Revlon Beach (which is supposed to be scented but just smells like nail polish and feet to me), Zoya Tangy, Sinful Colors Call You Later, Sally Hansen Tough Luck, and Zoya Midori. Not a single one of those names even hints at the color green. These are pretty inoffensive names, but seriously, nail polish names suck.


Here's my other foot. Did you know you have two of those things? Left to right it's Sinful Colors HD Nails, OPI Jade Is The New Black, Zoya Ivanka, Wet n Wild Caribbean Frost, and Sinful Colors Nail Junkie. 

Lovely, huh? I only recently got my first green polish, so it's kind of a new thing for me. I'm only so-so on green in general. Not sure what that's about. I think it has to do with auras. I usually associate green with a bad aura, so why would I purposely make myself that color? Anyway, I do enjoy a lot of these colors. I'm pleased with my openmindedness. 

On to my fingernails!


Continuing on my color wheel, we have Zoya Akyra, Zoya Charla, OPI Yodel Me On My Cell, and Nicole It's Up To You. Again, none of these gives any indication of what color it is. I recently got a color called It's Up To Blue, and despite the fact that I suppose it's a better indicator of the nail polish color, I may hate it more. Or maybe I'm just feeling cranky in general today. Who knows. Also, Akyra claims to be blue. Does my pinky look blue to you? 

I do really like three of these polishes (not Akyra. It disappoints me). The OPI one is a little bottle that I got in a sampler for Christmas, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the regular size because I like it so much. This is bizarre for me. I also love Zoya Charla. I love blue in general, but teal has been a big one for me lately. I go for teals every time. The Nicole one is also funny because every time I look at nail polish swatches for Nicole polishes, I pick out that color. Apparently I like it or something. See? I'm not that cranky.


Taking pictures of your own nails is hard. Your thumbs don't point the right direction, and you can't really take a picture of both hands at once. My toes are just not dexterous enough to take pictures. Although come to think of it, I've never tried, and I do have monkey toes. Anyway, this is Zoya Tallulah. It's new. I enjoy it. Zoya has a lot of murky colors, but Tallulah is bright and shiny. I like bright things. Also shiny things. 


Here's my other thumb, which is Sally Hansen Laser. It's cooler than it looks. It has purple glitter and stuff.

And finally:


This is Zoya Breezi, Sephora By OPI Skinny Jeans, Wet n Wild Bijou Blue, and Zoya Robyn. Finally we have something that at least has the word "blue" in the name. I'm not sure "bijou" makes it very clear what color it is, but whatever. It's a start. I like all of these colors as well. Zoya has a bit of a problem with all of their colors appearing lighter online, so I was a little disappointed with that. I thought Breezi was going to be the color Robyn is, and I thought Robyn was going to be neon. I guess I'm still looking for a neon blue. I'll just have to buy more colors. Darn (that was sarcasm. Did you pick up on that?)


Sephora by OPI Skinny Jeans and Wet n Wild Bijou Blue. Look identical? They basically are. The Sephora color is $9.50 and the Wet n Wild one is $0.99. There was no difference in wear either, so I'm pretty sure the Sephora one is a rip-off. The nail polish snob in me wants to argue. I'm telling her to shut up.

So there's my nail polish review for the day. Greens and blues. Since I took these pictures a couple of days ago, I've rearranged my colors and added some new ones. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment