Saturday, October 29, 2011

5:00 AM Nail Polish Notes

I'm going wedding ring shopping today, and I learned from last week's experience that I need to wear glitter polish because it looks amazing under the jewelry store lights. Last week's adventure was Color Club's Beyond the Mistletoe. Today I decided to give the Muppets glitters another try. 

Good news, everyone! Turns out I have a messed up bottle of Rainbow Connection! You're not excited, I know, but this polish was a major disappointment. If you want the whole story, you can read about it here. I think I talked about the Rainbow Connection on this blog before, so I won't go into it again. At any rate, the polish royally sucked...or did it? 

You're not supposed to shake nail polish (even though everyone does), so I usually roll the bottle between my hands before using it. Well, today I really looked at the bottle. It was almost completely separated. The top was this thin crap with very little glitter that was mostly silver. But when I looked at the entire bottle, I realized that actually, I was an idiot. The bottom of the bottle was packed with chunky, multi-colored glitter. The bottle is now upside-down after being shaken a whole bunch in the hopes of maybe mixing the polish a little, but I put some on already this morning, and I can see a difference even in the non-daylight. So okay, this polish may be amazing after all. 

I'd post pictures, but my fiance turned on the flash on my camera, and I don't know how to turn it off. There are, like, 8 billion icons, and none of them make sense. I turned the flash-looking one off, but it didn't help. So whatever. You probably don't care anyway. 

But seriously, the possibility that Rainbow Connection the nail polish could be awesomer than Hayley Williams' version of Rainbow Connection the song is a very pleasant way to start my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment