Friday, November 4, 2011

Stupid Blue Jay

There is a blue jay who likes to sit on our deck and practice mimicking other birds. I'm serious. He does a Canadian goose, a seagull, a house finch, a cardinal, and probably some others that I'm forgetting right now. I'll be sitting at the table, minding my own business, and then all of a sudden, "The hell? Is there a seagull on our deck?" Nope. Just the blue jay.

I've been waiting for months for the red-bellied woodpecker to start coming to our feeders again. These are the coolest birds ever. I did another post on them one time, so I won't go into it too much. Basically, they're really big woodpeckers with Hayley Williams-colored heads. And they bark like little flying cocker spaniels. Super awesome.

Just a second ago, I heard a red-bellied woodpecker. Of course, I got all excited and happy for the return of Parry. This is the bird-related moment I've been waiting for since the spring! But when I looked out, I didn't see Parry on the deck.

Of course you know where this is going. That goddamn blue jay can mimic a red-bellied woodpecker. I love the blue jays, and it's really cool that this guy is so talented, but seriously, blue jay. Stop playing with my emotions like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment